The Department of Architecture Professionals Advisory Council (PAC) maintains a dialog between practicing architects, allied design professionals, and the department faculty. This dialog informs the profession about departmental concerns and larger academic issues. In turn, faculty gain greater awareness of marketplace realities and trends. Through participation in the council, members enjoy opportunities for professional growth while supporting the department.
- To provide feedback about the evolving realities of practice to the Department of Architecture.
- To act as a liaison between the Department of Architecture and the community of architectural practitioners.
- To act as a liaison between the Department of Architecture and other professionals’ advisory groups in the College of Built Environments.
- To provide recommendations and support for aspects of the department’s programs that build the professional merit of its graduates.
- To help students in the department better understand the professional practice of architecture and associated career paths.
- To help develop and maintain transitional programs, such as internships, that will assist graduates in developing their careers.
- To support continuing education for practicing architects in diverse career paths.
- To help the department access resources from the professional community for the benefit of its students.
Current PAC Firms include:
Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
David L. Machemer, Architect
Grace Architects PLLC
Graham Baba Architects
Magnusson Klemencic Associates
Miller Hayashi Architects
Perkins + Will
Public 47 Architects
Schacht Aslani Architects