Application into the Undergraduate Bachelor of Arts in Architecture requires the following materials, submitted in the order listed, to be considered for entry into the program. All students must also complete the five prerequisite courses by the end of spring quarter. These courses are Architecture 200, 231, 350, 351 and 352 and are typically taken in the sophomore year.
- Department Application (found online here).
- Transcripts of all college-level work. Official or unofficial transcripts are accepted.
- DARS Report (Degree Audit Report for Architecture major)
- Please write an essay of approximately 750-1000 words (double spaced) communicating your interests and motivation in selecting this major. You should enrich your essay by describing specific experiences that have helped shape your perspective on architecture as a field of study, for example an architecture course you have taken, a book you have read, travel experiences in which architecture played an important role, art or architecture exhibits you have attended, architectural influences or mentors you may have known, etc. Please also include examples of how the Architecture major curriculum fits with your goals and interests.
- Please submit a writing sample from another course (4 – 12 pages double spaced) that demonstrates to the committee your research and writing abilities. Please note the course number and assignment.
- Personal Resume – A typewritten summary of your education, employment history, recreational interests, hobbies, skills, travel, and personal interests.
- Drawing Samples (optional) – We encourage you to submit a selection of drawings from ARCH 200 – Design and Representation I.
- Required file format: PDF (hardcopy applications will not be accepted). Application material should be designed and formatted for on-screen viewing.
- Cover page is required and must include your name as it appears on your UW application.
- Maximum file size: 30MB